Footballing moments to happen on this date in years gone by.
- 1963 – A.C. Milan defeated Benfica 2-1 in the European Cup Final at Wembley. Portuguese legend Eusebio gave Benfica the lead at half time, but an Altafini 2nd half double saw the rossineri take the cup with the big ears back to Milan for the 1st time.
- Aberdeen recorded a famous victory against Rangers to win the Scottish Cup. Led by Alex Ferguson, the Dons fell a goal down to the gers after 15 minutes from a goal by McDonald. However, they equalized before the break thanks to McLeish. The game remained that way and finished 1-1 after 90 minutes. In extra time Aberdeen took control and goals from McGhee, Strachan and Cooper completed a resounding 4-1 victory and the cup was heading back to Pittodrie.
- 1982 – FA Cup Final. Tottenham and QPR drew 1-1 at Wembley AET. The game finished goalless after 90 minutes but goals from Hoddle first for Spurs. And then an equaliser from Fenwick. The replay saw Tottenham victorious as they retained the trophy after a 1-0 win.
- 1999 – Manchester United faced Newcastle United in the FA Cup Final. The red devils emerged victorious 2-0 thanks to goals from Sherringham and Scholes.
- 2010 – Champions League Final. A Jose Mourinho led Inter Milan beat Bayern Munich 2-0. Milito scored both goals for the Italians at The Bernabeu Stadium in Madrid.
- 2010 – Championship Playoff final. Blackpool defied all odds by reaching the Premier League thanks to a 3-2 victory against Cardiff. All 5 goals came in the 1st half. Cardiff led twice through Chopra and Lesley only to be pegged back by Adam and Taylor-Fletcher. Ormerod then struck the winner on the stroke of half time.